…or something. Among other things, here you can find what EA thinks you should do if you have installed sims 2 bon voyage and want to get SecuROM off your computer:
19) How do I remove SecuROM from my machine?
To remove all SecuROM related files (except the license data stored beneath the registry keys (see FAQ No. 5 above)) please follow the uninstall instructions below.
Before you start the uninstall process, close all programs which are running in the background, especially be sure that no instance of the Windows Explorer is running.
– Open the Windows command box by pressing and selecting the
option. Now type ‘cmd’ (without ‘s) and press on the keyboard.
– Please type enter the path to the protected executable. For example, for Bon Voyage:
“C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Bon Voyage\TSBin\Sims2EP6.exe”
– Add the following parameter and hit : /uninstall
– A dialog box will appear. To start the SecuROM deinstallation, press the button.
I find this entertaining! =)
Now, where is the option I should press AFTER I terminated explorer? After I do this, the startmenu generally dissapears on my machine. Then I should type ‘cmd’ and only after I did this press something on my keyboard? Haha! I don’t know how they type things, but I do it by pressing stuff on my keyboard…
Sorry for being so annoying. And I know about my dorkiness. *<|=)
In other news, I’ve finnished the last Harry Potter book tonight, so it can no longer be ruined for me by spoilers. Yay!